Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 41: Six Week Check-up

Today's pic:


********************

I got my splint and my surgical hooks taken out today!!!

This morning before 9am, with splint and surgical hooks:

After my 9:00am appointment with Dr. Turvey (Surgeon), sans splint:

After my 11:50am appointment with Dr. Vanderwall (Orthodontist), sans surgical hooks:

Feels nice to not have a mumbled lisp anymore... Haha.

********************

Time to go hardcore on the mouth exercises.  I was sent home today with these popsicle stick party favors.  Currently, I can fit 7 sticks in between my top and bottom molars.  Once in, I have to crank them up and down to stretch my mouth opening.  Dr. Turvey wants me to be able to fit 10 to 12 by the time I see him again in 6 weeks.


********************

My rubberbands have been changed, also.  You can see how they were previously in the picture above.  Now I have to create a box between my farthest back two top and bottom molars, on both sides.  This is to bring my molars together when I bite because when the splint was taken out my molars no longer touched.  This needs to be corrected.

********************

As of today I am allowed to start jogging again!  I ran 2 miles today in 20:23.  I am really happy with that because it's the most activity I have been able to do besides walking.  Maybe it's time to start training for that half marathon I have been thinking about doing.

********************

Tomorrow is my first day back at the office!  No more lounging in my pjs on the couch... shucks!



2 comments:

  1. WOOT WOOT!!!!! So awesome! What is on the menu now? Because we should eat something in celebration :) Also, nice job running two miles in the first post-surgery jog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. party tricks, woohoo! I kind of want to see what numbers I could put up for this popsicle stick party trick!

    ReplyDelete