Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 255: Released to London

Today's pic:

 
********************
 
Updates:
 
1) It has been 8.5 months since surgery.  Healing is still going on in my face, so I feel and see changes occurring all the time.  Currently, I have most of my feeling back; however, my bottom lip and chin still only have about 50%, but I can tell this is getting better all the time.  I am looking forward to the day when I can feel 100% again (or very close to that).
 
2) On March 18th, I went to see Dr. Turvey for my "one year check-up".  (I know it has not been one year yet; however, I am leaving the country on April 13th, so we wanted to get the one year appointment in before I leave.)  He is very happy with my progress to date.  However, there is still a ways to go.  Currently, I am unable to move my lower jaw forward farther than my upper jaw.  Also, I cannot move my lower jaw to my right much and when I open my mouth, my lower jaw strays to the left a bit.  He said this is typical for someone who has had a left condylectomy, but can be corrected with continued face exercises.
 
3) After getting my braces off, I had to wear my retainer 24/7 for the first 6 weeks.  On March 31st, I was told I could start wearing it just at night.
 
4) Lastly, on April 8th, I had my final gum graphs post-op appointment.  Dr. McKenzie was very pleased with the results and therefore has released me from his care.
 
With all this good news, I have been released to head across the pond over to LONDON!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Anytime someone compliments your smile in London...make sure to tell them proudly it was made in the USA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete