Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 14: Two Weeks Down

Today's pic:


********************

Today marks 2 weeks since surgery!!!

********************

I had an emergency appointment at UNC on Monday.  I cracked my splint over the weekend during my sleep (I think I was dreaming of eating bread and crackers) and the oral & maxillofacial resident on-call told me to come in at 9am Monday morning.  Dr. Turvey checked my splint and since the crack didn't go all the way through the splint, he said I didn't need to have it replaced.  He also gave me a full check-up and then told me that I could push back my appointment for next Tuesday by a week.   My next appointment is now scheduled for August 27th.

Dr. Turvey also told me to start massaging the area around my incisions and my cheeks to soften the scar tissue in these areas.  I am a little uneasy with touching the area around my incisions because they are still tender (plus it just weirds me out).  But I gotta do what I gotta do!

********************

On Monday, I also moved over to my Dad's house where I will be staying for another 1.5 weeks.  Meet Carillon & John:


********************

Meds Update:
I have finished all my meds except for the ibuprofen and iron supplements.  No more hydrocodon for me!  Let's hope the pain is managed with just the ibuprofen now.

********************

The punch lines from Day 11, plus a new joke!





6 comments:

  1. you know what would be weirder than massaging your incisions....strangers massaging your incisions...but I can probably find some strangers willing to do that if you'd like! I'm helpful like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, if no more hydrocodon, does that mean you get to start enjoying adult beverages again? I'm sure Papa Dukes has a few of those around his house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still no drinking yet. I need to let the healing continue without any distractions.

      Delete
  3. Also, do you want us to come visit you at Papa Dukes' house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swelling looks so good, love!

    ReplyDelete