Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 1: Before & After X-rays

The morning after pic:


********************

Yesterday was pretty rough, but I am feeling much much better today. (Yesterday, I was questioning why I did this to myself!).  I had an 8am appt in the UNC Dental School where 'after' X-rays were taken.  The comparison between the 'before' and 'after' X-rays is phenomenal!  


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


********************

After the appointment, it was time for me to eat soft foods. (One of the four criteria before I can be discharged. The others are to be able to walk, drink, and go #1.) This has got to be one of the hardest things I have had to do. I have a small opening and my face and mouth are extremely numb. The meal was puréed: corn, mashed potatoes, and roast beef and a side of pineapple pudding and blueberry jello.  I had about 2 or 3 small bites of each.


********************

Get well gift from the best mom ever!



********************

Dinner: strawberry milkshake and scrambles eggs.  I am still having trouble getting much food down.


********************

I was discharged at 9:26pm and am now heading home!

Let the recovery begin!

7 comments:

  1. woah...those xrays are amazing!!!!!! and Momma Biegs is a trooper for being there through all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also forgot to say how fly you look in that SWEEEEEET zip shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...the before and after pics are crazy! Big difference for sure:) You are looking good though doesn't look as swollen as I was expecting either. What a trooper for trying that pureed food too...I don't know if I would be strong enough to try the roast beef. Get well soon Bilmo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That morning after pic is HYSTERICAL! Not a happy face, friend! You're still beautiful through that sweet face wrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha yeah, you do not look very happy in the morning after pic. Still s'cute though! The before/after x-rays are amazing. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at the zip shirt. Jenny, you should make that your new look! In all seriousness, the after pics are great!

    ReplyDelete