Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 2: Procedures

Today's pic:


I am thinking about keeping these Angelina Jolie lips!

********************

I had a total of 6 procedures on July 31st.  Below is the list:

1) Le Fort I osteotomy
2) Left sagittal split ramus osteotomy
3) Right extraoral vertical ramus osteotomy
4) Left condylectomy
5) Genioplasty
6) Right cranial bone graft harvest to the bilateral maxilla, right mandible, and genioplasty

Such a mouthful!

I have 3 external cuts and the rest are all inside my mouth.  The first external cut is in my hairline and along the front of my left ear where they did the condylectomy (removal of growth plate).  



The second external cut is on my right side just below my chin on my neck where they added a bone graft.  



And the last external cut is camouflaged in my hair where they did the bone graft harvest from my skull.


********************

Thanks for the gorgeous flowers all the way from London, Dom!  They really cheered me up!



********************

Erin came over baring gifts (beverages galore!), to eat dinner with me, and then take me on my daily walk.  Thanks, girl!







7 comments:

  1. oooo....that first one sounds like a fancy french procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing says get well soon like a Big Ole Bag o' Bevs!! So great to actually see you in person and interpretyour mumbles ;)Heart you! Also, shout out to Momma Biegs for an awesome dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I am a religious follower of this blog (no really - I check it every day). Thinking about you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE so loved! I need to come by and walk you myself :) You are rockin' those Angelina Jolie lips well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete