Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 16: Progress Update

Today's pic:


********************

Profile pictures are looking pretty good!  No more bruising and the swelling has drastically decreased.  Still a little bit to go though.



********************

Incisions are healing up nicely!

Notice how clean my hair is looking now! The greasy ointment may have won the earlier battles, but I won this war.


The jaw bone/neck incision is starting to get so itchy!


The ear incision has given me the least amount of trouble.  Probably because it is still numb while the other two were never numb.  And check out the hair that is growing back where it was shaved for surgery.  I have a feeling I will have a sweet sideburn in a few weeks.


********************

Today is my last day on prescription pain meds.  It will be over the counter drugs from here on out as needed.  The only med that I will still be taking on a regular basis is the iron.

********************

I am soooo over mushy puréed food.  I have officially moved on to 'real' food that has been chopped very small.  Today for dinner I had chicken, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and cous cous.  So much more satisfying!


********************

I think I am also ready to give up the princess sippy cup and move on to big girl cups!


********************

I already figured out the riddle, but I won't ruin it for everyone else!



********************

Now this is just evil.  Thanks, Carillon!


This was about all the patience I had for today.

4 comments:

  1. Looking sassy in that first pic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting really hard to tell that you even had surgery. I don't see any yellow or green bruising. Limited swelling. Only one of the three incisions is showing some redness. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for "solid" food - although those smoothies sounded kiiiiind of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo....you can't desert the sippy cups! What will those poor princesses do?!?!

    ReplyDelete